Install Final Draft 9 | Windows
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. In just a few minutes, you’ll be starting your script. You will need your Customer Number handy. If you do not have it, you can retrieve it here.
IMPORTANT! You must have an active Internet connection and Windows 7 or later to install and activate Final Draft. The screenshots below are from Windows 10. If you have Windows 8 or earlier, your screen may differ.
Download the Final Draft 9 Installer for Windows
Need Mac? Click here
1. Exit all other Windows programs before you begin.
2. Download the Final Draft 9 installer file from the link below.
If the installation doesn’t start automatically, the installer will typically be saved in your Downloads folder.
Decompress the Final Draft 9 Installer
1. Double-click the finaldraft910Win file to unzip it. You can also right click the file and choose Open With, then choose File Explorer or Windows Explorer. It will yield another file named Final Draft; double-click this file to begin the installation.
Install Final Draft 9
1. The Final Draft Installation Wizard will appear; click Next.
2. Choose a spell-checker and click next.
Finish the Final Draft 9 Installation
1. Press the Finish button to complete and exit the installation.
Open Final Draft 9
1. Click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner and Final Draft 9 should appear on the menu. If it’s not there, go to Programs or All Programs or All Apps. You can also type Final Draft and the Final Draft icon should be displayed. Click it to open the program.
Activate Final Draft 9
1. Enter your Customer Number to activate Final Draft. If you cannot locate it, click here.
The Customer Number must be entered correctly. If you copy and paste the number, be careful there are no additional or missing characters. If you receive an error message, re-enter the number from the email or carefully type in the Customer Number.
NOTE: If you type in the Customer Number, remember that there are no zeroes or ones, they are I’s (as in India) and O’s (as in Oscar.)
2. After you enter your Customer Number, the Activate button appears. Click it and Final Draft will be active and ready to use.