Install Final Draft 9 | Macintosh
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. In just a few minutes, you’ll be starting your script. You will need your Customer Number handy. If you do not have it, you can retrieve it here.
IMPORTANT! You must have an active Internet connection and Mac OS 10.7 or later. If you have Mac OS 10.6.8 or earlier, please contact our support team here.
Apple has released macOS 10.15 (Catalina), which does not support 32-bit software — including Final Draft 9. Final Draft 9 will continue to work on macOS 10.7 (Lion) to 10.14 (Mojave), but if you upgrade to Catalina or purchase a Mac running this operating system, you will no longer be able to use Final Draft 9. For more information click here.
Download the Final Draft 9 Installer for Mac
Need Windows? Click here
1. Download the Final Draft 9 installer file from the link below.
MAC OS 10.9 – 10.14
MAC OS 10.7 / 10.8
If the installation doesn’t start automatically, the installer will typically be saved in your Downloads folder, which you can find by clicking the Finder icon in your dock.
If you see the Final Draft 9 Installer.app file, double-click it to begin your installation.
If you only see the .zip file, double-click it and the Final Draft 9 Installer.app file will be displayed. Double-click this icon to begin the installation.
Install Final Draft 9
1. Double-click the Final Draft 9 Installer.app file from Step One. This launches the Final Draft Installer. Add an additional language if you wish.
2. Press the Install button.
3. After you install Final Draft, it will be located in your Applications folder or Launchpad in your dock.
Activate Final Draft 9
1. Locate Final Draft 9 in your Applications folder or Launchpad. Double-click and open Final Draft 9.
You must enter your Customer Number to activate Final Draft. The Customer Number must be entered correctly. If you cannot locate it, click here.
If you copy and paste the number, be careful there are no additional or missing characters. If you receive an error message, re-enter the number from the email or carefully type in the Customer Number.
NOTE: If you type in the Customer Number, remember that there are no zeroes or ones, they are I’s (as in India) and O’s (as in Oscar).
2. After you enter your Customer Number, the Activate button appears. Click it and Final Draft will be active and ready to use.