Install Final Draft 12 | Macintosh
Thanks for choosing Final Draft 12! Please read and follow the instructions carefully. In just a few minutes, you’ll be starting your script. You will need your Customer Number handy. If you do not have it, you can retrieve it here.
IMPORTANT! You must have an active Internet connection and Mac OS 10.14 or later. If you have Mac OS 10.13 or earlier, please contact us here.
Watch our tutorial video or follow the steps outlined below:
Download and Install Final Draft 12 for Mac
Need Windows? Click here
1. Download the Final Draft 12 installer file from the link below.
If the installation doesn’t start automatically, the installer will typically be saved in your Downloads folder.
2. If the installer downloads as a .ZIP file, double-click it and a .DMG file will appear; double-click this .DMG file. If the installer file downloads as a .DMG file, double-click it.
3. The Final Draft 12 disk image will appear. Drag the Final Draft 12 icon to the Applications folder icon.
The program will be installed.
Open Final Draft 12 and accept the End User License Agreement
1. Double-click on the Applications folder to open it;
2. Locate Final Draft 12 in your Applications folder and double-click it.
You may see a message from Apple asking if you want to open the application. Click Open:
4. Read the End User License Agreement and click Agree to accept it.
Activate Final Draft 12
When Final Draft is opened, you’ll be prompted to activate.
You can copy (Command + C) and paste (Command + V) the KFD Customer Number from the purchase email. If you cannot locate it, click here. Enter your Customer Number and click Activate.
Be sure there are no blank spaces. Or, you can type it in yourself. Click Activate.
NOTE: You must use a Final Draft 12 Customer Number, which begins with KFD. Customer Numbers from previous versions, which begin with EFD, XFD or 9FD, will not work.
A couple of seconds later… Final Draft will be activated. Click OK.
If Purchased From a Reseller, Register Final Draft 12
If you purchased Final Draft from Finaldraft.com your copy has automatically been registered to you. If you purchased your copy from a reseller, please be sure to register your software with us. You may do so from within the program or from the link below. You do not need to install Final Draft 12 before registering.
- Protect your ownership of your Final Draft license.
- Retrieve your Customer Number from us by phone or email if you lose it.
- Free technical support by phone, chat, or email. (This is not available to non-registered users.)
- Exclusive upgrade offers and other discounts.