Install Final Draft 10 | Windows
Thanks for choosing Final Draft 10! Please read and follow the instructions carefully. In just a few minutes, you’ll be starting your script. You will need your Customer Number handy. If you do not have it, you can retrieve it here.
IMPORTANT! You must have an active Internet connection and Windows 7 or later to install and activate Final Draft. The screenshots below are from Windows 10. If you have Windows 8 or earlier, your screens may differ.
Download the Final Draft 10 Installer for Windows
Need Mac? Click here
1. Exit all other Windows programs before you begin.
The installer will typically be saved in your Downloads folder.
Install Final Draft 10
1. Double-click the finaldraft1000Win file to unzip it. It will yield another file named Final Draft; double-click this file to begin the installation.
2. The Final Draft Installation Wizard will appear; click Next.
3. Read and accept the End User License Agreements, then click Next.
4. Choose a spell-checker and click next.
Finish the Final Draft Installation
1. Click Finish to complete and exit the installation.
Open and Activate Final Draft 10
1. Click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your screen and locate the Final Draft 10 menu item. Click it to open the program.
2. Enter your Customer Number and click Activate. If you can’t find your Customer Number, please retrieve your Customer Number here.
The Customer Number must be entered correctly. If you copy and paste the number, be careful there are no additional or missing characters. If you receive an error message, re-enter the number from the email or carefully type in the Customer Number.
NOTE: If you type in the Customer Number, remember that there are no zeroes or ones, they are I’s (as in India) and O’s (as in Oscar.)
If Purchased From a Reseller, Register Final Draft 10
If you purchased Final Draft from Finaldraft.com your copy has automatically been registered to you. If you purchased your copy from a reseller, please be sure to register your software with us. You may do so from within the program or from the link below. You do not need to install Final Draft 10 before registering.
- Protect your ownership of your Final Draft license.
- Retrieve your Customer Number from us by phone or email if you lose it.
- Free technical support by phone, chat, or email. (This is not available to non-registered users.)
- Exclusive upgrade offers and other discounts.